I really love countdowns. I had the floating baby on my blog simply for the countdown. Thank goodness I found this baby ticker so I could get rid of the creepy floating fetus!
And for those who are concerned, dinner didn't burn when the cop pulled me over. However, Eric did not have time to eat it until it was cold because he had to go to mutual.
And now, my grateful list for March:
1. SPRING!!! We've had our fair share of beautiful sunny breezy days. I love the April showers that are just around the corner and March promises to be lovely as well!
2. Wal-Mart. Seriously, you just can't beat those prices. I'm not ashamed to be a Wal-Mart customer.
3. My new cute flowery mousepad. It's the little things in life that make it fun!
4. The squirmy little boy growing in me! He's gonna be a cutie, I can just feel it.
5. Saturdays. Can't beat a full day of sleeping in, cleaning, organizing, playing, hugging, running errands, going on dates, finally checking my email... I wish I had more Saturdays. They really are so lovely.
6. Easy recipes. Gotta love it when dinner is a snap and tasty to boot. (Thanks to Brittany for the stroganoff recipe that is always a hit).
It's not fair to talk about a recipe and not share it, so here you go:
1/2 lb ground beef (I use turkey)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. italian dressing mix
1 c. sour cream
Rice or pasta
Brown the meat. Add soups and dressing packet, let simmer while cooking your rice or pasta. Add sour cream in the last few minutes before serving til heated through. Serve stroganoff over rice or pasta--whichever you prefer.
Seriously, so easy and always tasty.
7. St. Patrick's Day!! My favorite holiday is just around the corner! Be sure to wear green and dye something green. Get festive!
8. Food in the cupboards. I saw a commercial today about a kid going to bed hungry-- the commercial was urging us to donate to local food banks. I'm so grateful there is food on my shelves.
9. Prayer. Isn't it wonderful to know that we have a loving Father in Heaven that listens to our needs and responds to us with open arms?
10. Family and a loving husband. How wonderful to have supportive parents and siblings and the cutest husband in the world. Who could ask for anything more?
Have a beautiful March! This month I've been thinking about cherishing every moment. Lately we hear all about how terrible life is and the awful state of the economy and on and on. I can't help but ponder how it's the hard times that shape our lives and refine our character. So for me, I'm cherishing this time when I can work full-time at a great job, grow a baby, and support Eric in gaining his education. Cherish the little things and love the moment. That's my March Mantra.