Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
He loves to bite it, naturally.
Want to make one?
1. I just cut 8x8 inch squares out of my old clothes, discarding the seams and waistband and sleeves and stuff.
2. Next, lay them all out on the floor to find the pattern you like best.
3. Sew the squares into rows and then sew the rows together. I didn't even pin anything until I sewed the backing on. I didn't care if it was super tidy since it was just a cuddle quilt.
4. Pin the backing on, right sides together, and sew around the edges, leaving a spot open for turning.
5. Turn it right side out. Iron and topstitch the edges.
6. Since my quilt was all squares, I sewed straight lines right down the middle of the squares(forming a grid pattern) to keep the backing and quilt together.
7. Give it to your baby and enjoy hours of cuddly fun!
It made for a quick and fun project with some great sentimentality! Wesley and I love how it turned out.
He has SIX teeth now and he is DEFINITELY learning how to use them. Who could resist that sweet face? (Even if he's the bitey-est).
Monday, February 8, 2010
Nephi needed to get the plates
From the wicked Laban
He went up to the city gates
So that he could take them
Laban said “No Way!
Not without some money.”
Nephi did not want to pay
He said, “You’re a dummy!”
Anyway, he grabbed his cash,
Hauled it to the castle
Laban greedily took the stash
And kicked Nephi out on his tassels.
So Nephi axed the king,
Took the plates—bada bing.