Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catching up

I've been absent from this blog for a long time. I just find that I manage 2 kids just fine, but all the little excesses get pushed to the back burner. "Update the blog" has been on the to-do list for the last 4 months but things like laundry, cleaning bathrooms, grocery shopping, doing dishes, and mostly playing with my babies takes up all the time and energy I have in a day!

Now that Reese is a hearty 4 month old, I'm starting to feel more like I have a handle on things... most days anyway. Well, truthfully, I was feeling terribly behind in everything. Thanks to some prayer and serious elbow grease and a good all-hands-on-deck Saturday cleaning session last week, I feel ok.

Add to that I'm starting to feel guilty about not documenting the cute things my kids say and do. I don't even remember a few months ago so I know I'm not going to remember all of these things years down the road! So the new goal is to blog. I want to blog at least something once a week. Something for us to have when we look back on these crazy young family years that go by way too fast. Sorry if blogs about other peoples kids bore you to tears. If they do, just delete me from your Reader. I'll never know. :)

Now that it is out there for all to see, here's to a new goal! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Awesome goal. I can't wait to read and see how the kids are growing. And how you and Eric are growing as parents. I love it all.

Allison said...

I love your new goal!! I can't wait to be caught up every week. You know that since you wrote the goal down, you have to do it, right?? Miss you.