Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tagged, eh?

Alright alright alright. I'm new to this whole BLOG thing... A lot of times I feel awkward blogging because I never take pictures and I don't have kids to gloat or complain about and for the most part my life involves the same boring thing every single day. It bores me most of the time, why would anyone else find it interesting? Well, all that is about to change. Well, I'm not sure necessarily about ALL of it changing, but the kids part definitely will. I've been sick for a few months now, so I went to the doctor and they found a heartbeat in my abdomen. I wondered if maybe my heart had shifted down a foot, but they say it's a BABY!! So I guess technically I'm already a mom but I'll have real proof of that May 22. (And hopefully not a day later. Or a day sooner really, because I don't have enough sick days at work...)

So there you go. The news is out. People who read my blog probably knew anyway but now you all have free reign to tell your friends and talk about how many people are pregnant in Provo.

Back to this tagging business. Let me quote from my loving sister's blog:

PS--I blog tag LadyCarma, Staci (because she NEVER blogs and she's lame), Brittney, and Jenny.

I didn't know you were allowed to tag multiple people, but apparently I'm the only one lucky enough to get called lame. :)


Tag Rules: Go to the 3rd folder of your pictures and select the 3rd picture in. BLOG!

Wow, I can't believe I actually followed the rules. What a weirdo picture. I'm kind of dissappointed, because when I went into the My Pictures folder a different way, the third pic in the third folder was this really cute engagement picture of Eric and I. But when I went to upload the picture to the blog, they were in a different order. So here you go. And because it is only one pic in a pair, I'll post the other to be fair.

So here's the scoop. This is when Eric and I were dating when he was first back from his mission in Russia. We were at Cameron and Makena's place in Orem, where we were often in the early days... I think this picture was taken in March when Eric surprised me by coming out to visit with only 20 hours notice. :) He had come home in February, so he was still very post-mission skinny!! He had this GIANT chapka-- Russian hat, that I think is his most prized possession to this day. He just wore it for Halloween, actually. He thought the picture of me in that enormous hat was just the cutest thing ever. So there you have it.



And because I thought I was going to get to blog about this pic originally, I'll post it for you too:

Thanks to Gwen for taking all these cute engagement pictures for us. We felt a little awkward about the whole photo shoot, but it was still fun. My reactions to this picture: Awww, we're so cute and giddy! Eric's hair was kind of long... So was mine for that matter. And HEY!! Where the heck is that shirt!?!? I seem to have lost both that t-shirt and the undershirt... 2 of my favorite items. Don't you hate that?? And also, it's different to see me wearing just the engagement ring without the wedding band.

So there you have it all you blog critics. I have BLOGGED!

Oh yeah, and I blog tag: Erlynne, Brittany, Allison and Makena!


7 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Your tag pictures are great. I so miss hearing from you. I don't think you live a boring life. I love to hear all the details. Thanks for sharing the news of your pregnancy. I am so excited for you and Eric to become "first-time" parents, and learn all the joys that come with it.

I love the picture of you and Eric in your engagement picture. You still look as handsome/beautiful and in love as you did then.

Laura Bernard said...

Congrats on your exciting news! Your mom told me a while back, but glad to know it's official! Hope you're starting to feel a little less sick! Oh so exciting to be in Provo and just new and starting out life as a couple and family. Please enjoy it!

Love the pictures. Great hat!

Lil Lizzie said...

congrats again! also i secretly love blogs because i feel like i still get to observe your fun life . . . even if it is over the internet . . . lame. anyway I'm adding your blog to my list on my blog so i hope you don't care! love ya lots

liz

Lana said...

FINALLY! Several pictures even!! :)

The Avarells said...

Yay! You blogged! Thanx, Lana for getting her to do it. And, re-congrats on the baby, we are so excited for you guys!

Melanie said...

That is an awesome hat, no denying it! And congrats on the baby...your mom told me when we were out there a few weeks ago...wehn do you know if it's a girl or boy?

Preston and Angie said...

Yay, I love finding new blogs! Haha, cute hat. And, I had no idea you tried out for American Idol! That is so exciting!! Even if you did have to wait 10 hours and only sang for 10 seconds ... which is pretty lame. Way to go though! And I am so excited for you two to be parents! You can tell us what to expect :)