Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's been a while

I just realized it's been over a month since I last posted. I can't believe how time flies. I wish I had more cool things to say... I'm lacking in that department these days. Since my last post, Eric and I each celebrated our 23rd birthdays! It's fun to be so close in age. We are only 10 days apart. Unfortunately, I'm the old lady of the relationship. I remember being 18 or 19, new to college and meeting a whole lot of 23 year olds. They were old to me then. Funny, huh? Funny how life does that to us. I don't feel old at all, but high school kids think I am. Most everyone else I associate with is older than me, which I'm pretty sure contributes to the fact that I don't feel old in the slightest.

Just a shout out for BYU football: Currently undefeated, ranked #8 in the polls, the only team in the top 12 with a shut-out, 2 to be exact. It's a pretty exciting time to be a Cougar. Unfortunately, we are too poor for tickets so we catch the games online or at friend's houses. However, Eric was lucky enough to be invited to tag along with a friend who had one extra ticket. So while he freezes and cheers for the home team, I'm listening to Christmas music and blogging. Go Cougars!

6 comments:

Team Avarell said...

I am terrible at keeping up with my blog too!! I just can't ever think of anything interesting to tell everyone...we live like and 80 year old couple so there isn't much to tell. It is fun that your birthdays are so close together and the ten days does not make you older just wiser :)

Lana said...

Christmas music?! Wha? :)

LadyCarma said...

Yeh Cougars! We will warm and comfortable at the game on Thursday night at TCU. Linda, Reed, and Melanie will be joining Daddy and I to cheer on our alma mater. We are going to have a fun weekend. Thanks for updating. You know I love all the details.
On another note: having just turned 58, I STILL don't FEEL old, even though I may look it. Funny how that happens!

The Avarells said...

Go Cougs!!!!!! Okay, seriously, I can't stand when people call them "Cougs", so I just had to say it!

LadyCarma said...

Despite the huge crowd of BYU supporters and fans, the Cougars just didn't play well on Thursday against TCU in Fort Worth, TX. Maybe it was because I went to the game! I have yet to attend a BYU football game (only a few during all these years away from Provo) where the team won when I was there in person. I must not have good karma!

Seidi said...

Staci!!! Congratulations!!! How long have you known??? That's so exciting. Babies having babies, weird. So seriously, we need to get together sometime. How much longer does Eric have? Will you be in Provo much longer?