Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Public Display of Affection

My mom asked how many times Wesley had "sprinkled on me" during diaper changes. Just once on me, but more on Eric. She then asked why Eric was the lucky one and I replied it was because he changes diapers more often than I do. Mom was impressed.

That got me thinking. I really have the best husband in the world. Seriously. So this post is dedicated to him.

I already mentioned that he changes more diapers than I do. Without complaint. I might even say he loves doing it. He's so great with Wesley.

He happily takes the baby when I'm at wits end with Captain FussyPants.

He bought me a dozen beautiful roses the other day when I was mad at him. I know, I know, how can you be mad at the best husband in the world? Well I was frustrated with him for misplacing/losing important things. One of these said "important things" he later found in my diaper bag. Turns out I was the one that misplaced it. And he didn't even rub it in.

He's done the laundry for the past 2 years without complaint simply because I hate doing it.

He's learned that I LOVE surprises and supplies them for me at random.

He helps make dinner and does the dishes.

Need I say more? I'm sorry for everyone else in the world because, obviously, I have the best husband in the world. Hopefully yours are at least ok. :)

3 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Consider yourself lucky . . . And I hope he keeps it up for years to come!

Good luck with that cute Captain FussyPants! He's adorable.

Lana said...

Well, we do have a tie for the best husband--and they're kind of similar. Porter sometimes loses/forgets those important things but makes up for it by being the most helpful, uncomplaining guy around. I'm glad that Eric is so WONDERFUL! :)

Marilou said...

I don't know...he sounds great and all, but mine is pretty fantastic :)