Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dimples

It's hard for me to find a face I love more than this one. Ever since he was born 20 quick months ago he's had those adorable dimples that make everyone swoon. We love to kiss those cheekies.

I can't believe he's getting so old. Last week I wrote down all the words Wesley was saying and the list was over 50 words long. Now that list is outdated... he's probably added at least 10 more words this week. He understands so much and definitely knows what he wants. There is no denying he's entering that Terrific* Two's stage I've heard so much about. *I've decided I should really think positively about it and give it a better name. That will help me have a better attitude, right? He throws lots of tantrums and has plenty of meltdowns. I've been very grateful for mothering hormones plus little gifts of patience from Heavenly Father that help me just love him more despite the fits. That and things like mini-marshmallows and Blues Clues that shake him out of meltdown mode sometimes.

Speaking of mini-marshmallows, Wesley has learned what it means when I say "I'll give you a treat if you..." For example. He refused to wear this adorable hat we bought him. (The one in the pic above). I said, "Hey Wesley, I'll give you a treat if you try this hat on for me!" He immediately ran up and let me put the hat on him, take a picture, then happily and expectantly waited for his treat. You just better be able to deliver.

I could go on and on about my boy. He really is a little angel. He LOVES his cars and plays with them for so long! He LOVES babies... obsessed maybe. He loves to touch my belly and feel the kick kick kicks, he loves to give baby dolls kisses and hugs and rock them back and forth. He loves the book we have called "Our New Baby" that explains all about how life is different with a baby in the house. Any time he sees a baby at church or playgroup he MUST go up and look at the baby, squat down near it, and wave and say Hi! It's so cute. I think he'll be a great brother.

Well there's your sappy mom post for the day. I'm really glad these end of pregnancy mommy hormones have started to kick in because I feel sorta like the Grinch at the end of the story when his heart grows all big. Suddenly I am SO so excited to be a mommy of a little girl and the fears I expressed earlier on this blog have pretty much melted away. I have nothing but love for my little boy and I seriously LOVE spending my days with him. I'm so grateful I get to be a mom. I know there are plenty out there that don't get that blessing and I recognize how TRULY blessed I am. Can't wait to meet you Baby Girl and see how much sappier my life can get when I have 2 kids!

2 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Oh, so melt my hear. MY little girl is so tender and sweet! I love it. Thanks for sharing all about your cute boys and your cute feelings.

Allison said...

Wesley is such a sweet little boy. I'm so excited for you to have a little girl!!