Monday, August 8, 2011

Wesleyism

Today I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. I had some tomato soup with mine and I was dipping my sandwich in the soup. I went to rotate the laundry in the middle of the meal and after a minute I hear Wesley calling, "Mommy!! Dripping!! Dripping me!!" My first thought was "Please don't tell me you've spilled my soup everywhere... I should have buckled him down today..."

Fortunately, when I got back to the table, he was just panicking over some milk he'd spilled and that was dripping down his arm a bit. I sat down and he drank more of his milk and I noticed crumbs in it. I thought, "Man, he must really be backwashy today." It wasn't until he picked up his sandwich again that I realized what really happened. It was totally white on one end and dripping milk. Hilarious. He is such a little copycat. The milk was "dripping" because he was trying to be like me and dip his sandwich.

And while we are on the topic, sandwich is one of his favorite words to say. I think because it ends in that satisfying "ishch" sound. Same story with "orange."

Here's some Wesley in action:

2 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Great jumping, singing the ABC's and showing all your tricks, Wesley. You are amazing! I love that he calls Eric "honey. Does he call you "honey"? Thanks for the post and story about dipping. Kids copy everything, don't they?

Lana said...

That was an awesome video. The ABC's are impressive indeed and I love how Reese does one last past through for the camera. :) So cute!