Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! This holiday definitely snuck up on us. I feel like we are still in the middle of a move and getting settled and figuring out our new surroundings. As a result I realized Easter was here and I had absolutely nothing planned!

We went to a fun community egg hunt that was total madness, a playgroup egg hunt where Wesley dominated and then shared his eggs with all the little kids, and a yummy breakfast at the church. Good thing for all of that stuff because Mom and Dad had nothing for the babies and I started feeling a little guilty about that Saturday night. I remembered that I had a giant box of gorgeous hand-me-downs from a super generous cousin so I pulled them out and found Reese a new Easter dress! (Thanks Bethany!) Then I made Wesley a little bow tie using this tutorial. It was super easy and adorable and came together while I baked rolls for a little Easter potluck we are having at a friend's house today.

The kids were completely adorable if I do say so myself. Here are the few quick shots we managed before running out to church.





As a post-potluck update, one of the moms brought about 500 eggs (holy cow) for the 17 kids that were there. Needless to say, they were in heaven. Wesley got 30 eggs all by himself and even Reese snagged 4! It was nuts and they both hit a total sugar high followed by a sugar crash of course. In other news, Reese decided to try cat food for the first time and one of the little girls there made up a little rhyme-- Wesley, Wesley, Wesley is so sexy! It was a wee bit disturbing and made me sad that his name sorta rhymes with sexy...

Anyway, I just want to add that despite how much I hate the inevitable over-sugaring my kids get, I do love Easter. I know that Jesus Christ took upon him the sins of the world and only through his grace we are saved.  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) I know he died for us and that he lives for us! He rose from the tomb. He lives. He loves us more than we know. I love my Savior Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Lana said...

The pictures of your kids sent me into a crazy frenzy of wanting to squeeeeeze your baby and Wesley's cheeks. I'm the aunt that would come in town and squeeze the kids' cheeks. You'd also better believe that I demanded Porter come see them and then pointed out with pride that I'd bought Reese her rock star shoes. Oh my gosh, she looked so cute. And Wesley's bow tie was the greatest thing ever. I can't believe you zipped that out in one night. You're ridiculous.

LadyCarma said...

Darling photos of the most darling children you have. I so love the looks on their faces, their smiles. I just want to hold and kiss them so much. But wait, I will get to do that in a week and two days. I am so excited to come see you all. Thanks for the post. Know that you are loved my me!

Lil Lizzie said...

beautiful testimony...beautiful children.