Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Leave the house? Why?

Today Wesley and I left the house for the first time in about 3 days. I had 3 errands to run and as usual, had it mapped out for optimum timing and effectiveness. Wesley whined the whole way through the first store, squirmed and whined through the second store and at the third store? Well that was when he wouldn't let me hold him, ran around with me chasing him and threw a full-blown tantrum. All the while, Mrs. Snooty Old-Ladyton hurried to get in front of me in line so that I had extra long to wait while holding my purchases, other bag, purse, squirmy/screamy toddler, and belly. (I wasn't actually holding my belly, I just needed you to get the visual of my burden). Thanks Snooty.

On top of this, Wesley managed to offend all 3 cashiers (one per store) by scowling at them when they tried to say hello. Seriously. With a face that cute, he should be making friends left and right. Not this kid. He likes to scowl at people who offer friendship.

And did I mention the bribery needed to get him buckled into his seat 3 different times? Each time he was all screamy about getting into the car.

This is why I only leave the house every 3 days. Unfortunately, I have something scheduled for tomorrow so I will be forced to leave 2 days in a row. It's during Wesley's daily meltdown hour no less. Wish me luck!

I should mention that Wesley was exceptionally crabby today. Like most toddlers, I'm sure, he has days where he is the sweetest angel and others where he loses all communication ability and only knows how to scream and flail. I should also mention that I really don't mind not leaving the house. I quite like it here. :)

2 comments:

LadyEm said...

Yes, I love days when I don't have to leave the house (especially when it's snowing a blizzard)! I don't seem to have many of them right now, but hopefully I'll have more in the future!

The Singer Family said...

You make me smile. :) I love when my kids are oh so friendly to strangers. Fortunately they grow out of that one and move to other awesome things like pointing out things about others too loudly. Stay tuned for more good times ahead. In the meantime, I'm glad you like your house. :)